Applegate Consulting Engineers performs structural design, documentation and specifications and investigations for all types of new and existing buildings. The firm uses the latest software in all stages of design, drawing and communication to ensure the highest degree of accuracy and cost effectiveness:
- All office personnel have individual workstations linked to an office network. Two members of the firm work remotely with laptops linked to the office software.
- Structural framing systems are analyzed using Ram Structural System & Risa3D, both are 3D engineering and analysis programs.
- Structural building systems are designed and optimized using the Ram Structural System, an automated design program that allows various framing systems to be evaluated for an individual building.
- Design work for individual elements or for specialized calculations are frequently performed using spreadsheet programs or other software developed by the firm.
- The firm’s staff of employees includes the Principle of the firm with 34 years’ experience, a senior Structural Engineer with 20 years’ experience, a full time CAD technician/draftspersons each with over 19 years’ experience, an engineering technician and a part time office manager.
- Three stations of AutoCad Release 2016 and one station of Revit 2016 are used to produce Construction Documents.
The firm has a policy of total commitment to serving their clients, production of quality documents and optimization of structural design to ensure minimum construction cost while satisfying code requirements. The firm works closely with a number of local construction firms to remain aware of the latest construction methods and costs of construction. Special attention is given to innovative and easily constructed solutions for all aspects of design. Design solutions are flexible and responsive to suggestions from related professionals and contractors.
Construction documents are produced with the objective of ensuring that the Contractor can bid the project accurately and can construct the project from the documents. Documents are delivered on time and to the specified level of detail required at all stages of production from schematic design through construction documents.
The firm is financially sound and carries professional liability insurance.